Concrete Moisture Encounter Moisture Meter – CME5
The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter 5 (CME5) is a non-destructive analog moisture meter for concrete floors and
slabs providing instant and precise quantitative measurement of moisture content using Gravimetric testing as a baseline.
The CME5 also provides Carbide Method equivalent readings for concrete and other cementitious substrates as well as
comparative readings as per ASTM F2659
The Concrete Moisture Encounter detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by nondestructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under
test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture
present in the material.
The Concrete Moisture Encounter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for
concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear analog dial.
Features of the Concrete Moisture Encounter Moisture Meter – CME5
- Non-destructive in operation with no need to probe, drill or mechanically damage the surface.
- Clear easy-to-read analogue dial.
- Instant and precise readings to a depth of approximately 20mm into the slab.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continual development and integration of
apps and reporting.
- Hold function “freezes” meter reading when inspecting areas where the meter face is not visible, and for easy
recording of data.
- Reproducible and reliable results.
- CM Carbide Method moisture content equivalent readings.
- Spring-loaded contact pins compensate for uneven concrete and boost signal penetration.
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure
Concrete Moisture Encounter Moisture Meter – CME5 can be used in accordance with:
- ASTM F2659
|CME5||Tramex CME5 Concrete Moisture Encounter|
|Moisture Content for Concrete:||0 to 6%|
|Carbide Method moisture content equivalent for Concrete:||0 to 4|
|Carbide Method moisture content equivalent for Anhydrite:||0 to 1.9|
|Depth of penetration||20mm approx|
|Power||2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)|
|Dimensions||160mm x 85mm x 38mm|
Concrete Moisture Encounter Moisture Meter CME5 – Data Sheet
Concrete Moisture Encounter Moisture Meter CME5 – Standards