The Elcometer 7062 MarSurf PS10 Roughness Tester is a light weight and portable measuring solution for the range of surface roughness measurements required for compliance to International Standards.
In protective coating applications there is a requirement to measure surface roughness.
With 31 surface parameter settings available the Elcometer 7062 surface roughness tester can display all parameters that comply to National & International Standards.
These values include peak-to-valley profile measurement in combination with an assessment of the frequency of peaks within the sample area.
The Elcometer 7062 surface roughness tester is a light weight and portable measuring solution for the range of surface roughness measurements required for compliance to International Standards.
The unit is also suitable for assessing surface roughness conditions in a wide range of general industrial applications; particularly where the sample is too large to bring to the laboratory.
- Multi-Lingual Display: All the required information is displayed on screen in a choice of 17 languages.
- Flexible: Can be used in virtually any position; horizontally, vertically, upside down. A height adjustment accessory to accommodate various sample sizes is supplied with each gauge as standard.
- Integrated Calibration Standard: No external calibration standard is required; provides greater ease of use.
- Removable Drive Unit: Drive unit can be removed from main unit and used with an extension cable (included) to allow for measurement in hard to reach areas.
- Stylus pick-up with removable protection: 2µm diamond stylus tip with a measuring force of 0.7 mN. Different stylus’ are available for various applications.
- No need for separate software: Data is saved in the device as a PDF which can be downloaded to PC via USB
How to use a surface roughness tester
Surface roughness testers consist of a stylus which is mechanically drawn across the surface recording an ‘image’ of the surface roughness across a pre-defined sample length. The measurement technique provides a number of measurement parameters including:
Rmax: The greatest distance between the highest peak and lowest valley over the sampling length.
Ra: The average surface roughness over the sampling length.
Rt: The distance between the highest peak and the lowest valley within any given sampling length.
Rz: The average distance between the highest peak and the lowest valley over a number of sampling lengths.
Elcometer 7062 MarSurf PS10 Roughness Tester – Specifications
|K7062M001||Elcometer 7062 MarSurf PS10 Surface Roughness Tester||
|Unit of Measurement||Metric, inch|
|Measuring Principle||Stylus Method|
|Stylus Pick-Up Supplied||Inductive skidded stylus pick-up, 2µm stylus tip,|
|measuring force approx. 0.7 mN|
|(Other stylus pick-ups are available)|
|Parameters||DIN/ISO – Ra, Rq, Rz, Rmax, Rp, Rpk, Rk, Rvk, Mr1, Mr2, A1,|
|A2, Vo, Rt, R3z, RPc, Rmr, RSm, Rsk, CR, CF, CL, R, AR, Rx|
|JIS – Ra, Rq, Ry, RzJIS, tp, RSm, S|
|ASME – Rp, Rpm, RPc, Rsk, tp|
|MOTIF – R, AR, Rx, CR, CF, CL|
|Filter||Phase-correct profile filter (Gaussian filter) according to|
|DIN EN ISO 16610-21 (formerly ISO 11562), special filter|
|according to DIN EN ISO 13565-1,|
|Is filter according to DIN EN ISO 3274 (can be switched off)|
|Cutoff lc||0.25mm, 0.8mm, 2.5mm; automatic|
|Traversing length Lt||1.5mm, 4.8mm, 15mm; automatic|
|Traversing length||1mm, 2mm, 4mm, 8mm, 12mm, 16mm|
|(acc. to MOTIF)|
|Evaluation length ln||1.25mm, 4.0mm, 12.50mm|
|Number n of sampling lengths||Selectable: 1 to 16|
|Memory capacity||3,900 profiles, 500,000 results|
|Other functions||Blocking of settings (code-protected), date/time|
|Interfaces||USB, MarConnect (RS232)|
|Dimensions||160mm × 77mm × 50mm|
|Long-range power supply||100V to 264V|
|Standards||ASTM D7127, ASME B46, DIN 4768, EN 10049, ISO 4287, ISO 4287/1, JIS B 0601, SSPC PA 17|
Elcometer 7062 MarSurf PS10 Roughness Tester Packing List
- Elcometer 7062 MarSurf PS10 base unit
- Drive unit
- Drive unit extension cable
- 1 x standard stylus pick-up
- Built-in battery
- Roughness standard integrated into casing
- Height adjustment accessory
- Stylus pick-up protection
- Universal charger / mains adapter
- USB cable for downloading pdf documents from the unit
- Carry case with shoulder strap and belt loop
- Calibration certificate
- Operating instructions
Elcometer 7062 MarSurf PS10 Roughness Tester – Data Sheet
Elcometer 7062 MarSurf PS10 Roughness Tester – Accessories
|KT007061P001||Stylus pick-up Extension; 80mm|
|Ideal for measuring points located deep within cylinders|
|KT007061P002||Stylus pick-up PHT 3-350|
|For measurements in bores from 3mm diameter|
|KT007061P003||Stylus pick-up PHT 11-100|
|For measurements at recessed measuring points, e.g. in grooves from 2.5mm wide and up to|
|7.5mm (0.30”) deep|
|KT007061P004||Stylus pick-up PHTR 100|
|For measurements on concave and convex surfaces|
|KT007061P005||Stylus pick-up PHTF 0.5-100|
|For measurements on tooth flanks|
|KT007061P006||Stylus pick-up PT 150|
|Dual-skid stylus pick-up for measurements on metal sheets and roller surfaces according to DIN EN|
|KT007061P007||Stylus pick-up PHT 6-350|
|KT007061P008||Stylus pick-up PHT 6-350, 5µm Probe Tip|
|For measurements on flat planes, in bores from 6mm (0.24”), 17mm (0.67”) deep and in grooves|
|from 3mm (0.12”) wide|
|KT007061P010||Measuring Stand ST-D|
|KT007061P012||Measuring Stand Mount – Required to fix the Elcometer 7061 to the measuring stand|
|KT007061P011||End Face Vee-Block – For measuring on flat faces of cylindrical and planar components|
|KT007061P013||Adapter Set for Transverse Tracing; Comprising of Adapter for Transverse Tracing and|
|Vee-Block Holder with Vee-Block – For hand-held transverse tracing of cylindrical measuring objects|