Dry Film Coating Thickness Meter - Destructive
Dry Film Coating Thickness Meter – Destructive are gauges that are used to measure coatings on non-metallic substrates such as concrete, wood, plaster and plastic.
Destructive thickness measurement is often the only guaranteed method available to test certain coatings or substrates, and or comibinations including:
Paint applied to concrete, wood, plaster, plastic, etc.
When it is necessary to measure the individual layer thickness in a multiple-layer coating system, the most accurate method available is the Paint Inspection Gauge (P.I.G.) coating thickness gauge.
Designed for measuring on a non-metallic substrate or assessing the thickness of a multi-coat paint, Elcometer and BAMR offer a range of destructive coating thickness gauges such as the Elcometer 121/4 and Elcometer 141 that are portable and easy to use.
Elcometer 121/4 Standard & Top Paint Inspection Gauges (P.I.G.)
Available in two models, the Elcometer 121 Paint Inspection Gauge (P.I.G.) is designed to measure the paint thickness of single or multiple layers of coatings.
Both P.I.G. models are supplied with illuminated integrated graticule microscopes.
The Paint Inspection Gauge Top model has an internal carousel allowing each of the three cutters to be selected easily together with a cross hatch adhesion tester.
- Compact and convenient, ideal for paint thickness measurement in confined areas
- Made of anodised aluminium for durability
- Bright LED light source for clear vision
- Top Model can hold one cross hatch cutter & three standard cutters which are locked tight, a simple rotation of the cutter holder changes the cutting tool.
Elcometer 141 Paint Inspection Gauge
The Elcometer 141 Paint Inspection Gauge (P.I.G.) provides a useful method for determining the paint thickness of both single and multiple layer coatings.
The Paint Inspection Gauge is ideal for use on metallic & non-metallic substrates such as wood, glass and plastics.
- Large easy grip handle – makes cutting thick or hard coatings easy
- Internal cutter storage compartment
- x50 magnification microscope