Concrete Adhesion Tester
A Concrete Adhesion Tester is essentially used to determine the bond strength between two layers. In this way, these easy to use gauges are ideal for measuring a wide range of applications, which include concrete structural repairs as well as other types of coating adhesion on concrete – such as paint, cement, wall plaster, etc.
The basic principle of all the Elcometer Adhesion Gauges is as follows: a test dolly is glued to the surface and, once cured, pulled off. The tensile force required to remove the test dolly together with the coating is measured by the gauge.
Elcometer 106 Pull Off Adhesion Tester
The Elcometer 106 Adhesion Tester is easy to operate and fully portable Type II adhesion gauge which provides a numerical value for adhesion strength.
Applications for the Elcometer 106 Adhesion Test include paint or plasma spray on bridge decking, coatings on steel, aluminium, concrete etc.
- Supplied in a carry case – ideal for site tests
- Hand operated – no need for a power supply
- Includes a cutter for EN13144 and ISO 4624 tests
Elcometer 506 Pull-Off Adhesion Tester
The Elcometer 506 are lightweight, portable and easy-to-use adhesion testers available in analogue or digital gauges and are suitable for measuring the pull-off adhesion of coatings up to 50MPa (7250psi) either on-site, or in the laboratory.
The design of the Elcometer 506 adhesion testers ensures that a uniform force can be easily applied throughout the range by smoothly rotating the gauge’s crank handle, ensuring repeatable adhesion results to an accuracy of ±1%.
The Elcometer 506 adhesion tester’s quick connect coupling allows the simple attachment of 14.2mm, 20mm or 50mm diameter dollies which, together with a wide range of accessories, allows coating adhesion testing on flat, curved, thick and thin substrates – including metal, wood, concrete and other fibrous materials.
The Elcometer 506 test head (actuator) has been designed to be small, ergonomic and lightweight – ideal for single handed testing of coating adhesion even in awkward or confined spaces.
Safe adhesion testing on vertical surfaces has also been considered. Using the magnetic clamp accessory the actuator is held securely – preventing accidental damage to the surrounding areas.
Elcometer 510 Automatic Pull-Off Adhesion Gauge
The Elcometer 510 Automatic Pull-Off Adhesion Gauge accurately measures the adhesion strength of coatings on a wide range of substrates.
- Automatic hydraulic pump ensures smooth and continuous pressure application for consistent, repeatable adhesion strength results
- Fully adjustable pull rates 0.1-1.4MPa/s (14.5-203psi) to meet National and International Standards
- Can be used with 10,14.2, 20 and 50mm diameter dollies
- User definable limits with unique pressure hold and release function
- User definable measurement range with an accuracy of ±1% of full scale:
- 10mm dolly: 100MPa (14400psi
- 14.2mm dolly: 50MPa (7200psi)
- 20mm dolly: 25 MPa (3600psi)
- 50mm dolly: 4MPa (580psi)
- Dust and water resistant rugged design to IP64
- Interchangeable units: MPa, psi, Nmm2 and N
- A range of standard and thin substrate actuator skirts (compatible with Elcometer 506) available for adhesive strength testing on thick, thin, flat or convex substrates
- Store up to 60,000 readings with individual pull graphs in up to 2,500 alpha numerical batches, complete with attribute failure information
- USB and Bluetooth® data output – compatible with ElcoMaster® App for iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android mobile devices