Elcometer 215 Oven Data Logger
During the powder coating process, the product must pass through an oven. During this baking (or stoving) process the powder melts, flows, gels and finally chemically reacts and cures. It is critical to the coating’s final performance and appearance that the parameters for both temperature and time at temperature are controlled.
Failure to maintain the correct temperature profile can cause problems in the final performance and durability of the coating. It is imperative to ensure there are no hot or cold spots within the oven, and also that the temperature of the product being coated is sufficient to meet the technical specifications of the powder coating.
Variation of the oven temperature profile from batch to batch will lead to changes in the coating’s life-time performance. Controlling the cure process will ensure a high-quality product time after time.
The Elcometer 215 is the easy to use oven temperature profile solution, used to measure and store the temperature profiles of both the sample and the oven during the cure process.
Features of the Elcometer 215 Oven Data Logger
- Memory stores up to 260,000 readings
- Ideal for testing for powder or liquid coatings in batch or conveyor ovens
- Variable measurement interval, date, time, °C / °F
- High temperature resistant Teflon coated probe cables are easy to clean after each run
- Quick display shows maximum temperature, Cure-Index figure and pass/fail for each probe
- Measure up to 6 different temperatures at one time
- Ideal in situations where powder coated thickness is inconsistent
- Start and stop logging at a pre-set temperature
- Large menu-driven display for easy operation
- Print full colour report directly to any HP printer
- USB data output to ElcoMaster® software and combine with other key inspection measurements
Logging both the product’s surface temperature and the air temperature in the oven, the Elcometer 215 identifies the achieved “Temperature Profile” and provides the User with information to ensure consistent quality.
Suitable for powder coating, wet coating, batch and conveyor ovens, the Elcometer 215’s measurements, analysis capabilities and tailor-made reporting options generate comprehensive details of the curing processes.
The data logger is fitted with a large display for easy menu-driven operation and an immediate display of the measurement results.
• Maximize productivity:
- Reduce rejects and reworks due to poor oven performance.
• Minimize energy costs:
- Avoid running the ovens at unnecessarily high temperatures or with long through-put times.
• Optimise finishing quality:
- Logging temperature profiles provides the information required to ensure consistent quality.
• Datalogger software:
- Comprehensive calculations and fully customised reports are easily produced with the Elcometer 215 Software supplied as standard with each gauge.
• Choice of kits available:
- Standard and Top models available
|Standard Thermal Barrier Kit with thermal barrier – ideal for single runs||High Temperature Barrier Kit Thermal barrier & heat sinks for longer time at temperature|
Elcometer 215 Oven Temperature Data Recorder – Specifications
|G215—-2S||Elcometer 215 Oven Data Logger – Standard Thermal Barrier Kit||○|
|G215—-2T||Elcometer 215 Oven Data Logger – High Temp Thermal Barrier Kit*||○|
|Gauge Measurement Range||-200°C to 1300°C|
|Gauge Operating Temperature||-30°C to 65°C without thermal barriers|
|Accuracy||5°C to 500°C: ±0.5°C|
|Number of Channels||6 K-Type|
|Measuring Intervals||Adjustable from 8 per second to 1 per hour|
|Memory||260,000 readings or 8 production runs|
|Data Output||USB / PLC3|
|Power Supply||2 x AA batteries|
|Dimensions (Logger Only)||153 x 101 x 23mm|
|Weight (Logger Only)||450g|
|Standard Thermal Barrier Kit||High Temperature Thermal Barrier Kit*|
|Thermal Characteristics||100°C for 140 minutes||100°C for 340 minutes|
|150°C for 80 minutes||150°C for 195 minutes|
|200°C for 60 minutes||200°C for 130 minutes|
|250°C for 50 minutes||250°C for 100 minutes|
|300°C for 30 minutes|
|Weight (Logger & Barrier)||4kg||6kg|
|Dimensions (Logger & Barrier)||245 x 245 x 115mm|
* Includes Heat Sink
○ Optional Calibration Certificate available
- Elcometer 215 Oven Data Logger
- Thermal Barrier
- Heat Sink (only with Top Model)
- ElcoMaster Software
- USB Cable
- Carry Case
- 2 x AA batteries
- Operating Instructions
Elcometer 215 Oven Temperature Data Recorder – Data Sheet
Elcometer 215 Oven Temperature Data Recorder – Accessories
|Clamp Air Probe||Clamp Surface Probe||Magnetic Surface Probe||Combined Clamp & Magnetic Surface Probe||Probe ID Tags|
|Clamp Air Probe||T21521275||T21521276||T21521277|
|Magnetic Air Probe||T21521287||T21521288||T21521569|
|Clamp Surface Probe||T21521278||T21521279||T21521280|
|Magnetic Surface Probe||T99921281||T99921282||T99921283|
|Combined Magnetic Clamp Air & Surface Probe||T21521284||T21521285||T21521286|
|Probe Identification Tags (Pack of 6) logger||T21521241|
|Standard Thermal Barrier||T21521222|
|High Temperature Thermal Barrier for Elcometer 215 Model T (Heat Sink Block not included)||T21521217|
|Heat Sink Block for High Temperature Thermal Barrier||T21521219|
|Data Logger to PC USB Cable||T21521220|
Elcometer 215 Oven Temperature Data Recorder – Instruction Manual
ElcoMaster® Oven Profiling Software
ElcoMaster® is the easy to use software solution designed specifically for the management and assessment of your temperature profile, allowing you to generate professional inspection reports in seconds.
Key Features Explained:
Oven Logger Set Up – Create and store unique oven profile setups, name each of the 6 channels, set sampling rates, number of batch runs, start/stop triggers and transfer them to the gauge.
Coating Parameters – Set up a library of individual paint types incorporating min, mid & max cure temperatures as well as the maximum absolute and minimum cross link temperatures.
Coating Datasheets – Save a copy of the coating’s data sheet as a permanent record.
Product Probe Maps – Simply drag and drop up to 6 probe ID markers on to your product photo or drawing to record exact probe placement for each production run. Customisable Templates – Create your own comprehensive inspection profile – simply choose a relevant gauge setup, paint parameter and product probe map from your library and assign them to your logger data, providing instant, meaningful and professional reports.
Elcometer Cure Value – Using the industry accepted cure value calculation ElcoMaster® provides instant Pass/Fail information by comparing the production run temperature to the coating supplier’s cure requirements.
Graphical Reporting – Standard temperature profile graph, cure process and individual profile/cure graphs combined with the product probe map are available as standard.
Combined Reports – Fully customisable reports can be quickly generated – allowing oven profile reports to be combined with data from coating thickness, gloss & adhesion gauges.
This easy to use software solution designed specifically for the management and assessment of your oven temperature profile, allows you to generate professional inspection reports in seconds.
ElcoMaster® Software Oven Profiling Key Features:
• Oven Logger set up & programming
• Paint/Powder parameter library
• Product probe maps
• Fully customisable inspection templates
• Selectable probe/channel traces
• Statistical analysis by probe/channel
• Max, Min, standard deviation, coefficient of variation
• Temperature profile, cure progress, histogram & individual cure value graphs against product
• Time at temperature, time of peak difference
• Time above maximum absolute & minimum cross link temperatures
• Fully customisable inspection reports
• Combined reports – coating thickness, gloss, adhesion, profile, climate, surface cleanliness
• Report generator wizard & PDF generator
• Email or export data
• Import photo’s, data sheets, critical data, inspection notes, etc & include on inspection reports
• Cloud computing – allows for cross site collaboration, including internal text messaging tool
• Overlay temperature profiles, review and compare multiple oven profiles over time
• Use additional data loggers for multiple channels or run overlays
|Create and store unique oven profile setups and transfer them to the gauge||Set up a library of individual paint parameters||Individual product probe maps record the exact probe placement for each component|
Standard temperature profile and cure
Process graphs can be viewed at any time
|Statistical analysis by probe/channel|