Montipower Pneumatic Bristle Blaster
Bristle Blasting technology simultaneously removes corrosion and generates anchor profile.
The bristle tips are designed to strike the corroded surface with kinetic energy that is equivalent to standard processes that use grit blast media.
Immediately after the bristle tips strike the surface, they retract (“rebound”) from the surface, which results in both corrosion removal and micro-indentation that exposes fresh surface.
Consequently, surfaces that have been treated by Bristle Blasting have a texture and visual cleanliness that mimics those obtained by traditional grit blasting processes.
Features of Montipower Pneumatic Bristle Blaster
- Removes corrosion, coatings, mill scale and other contaminants – without removing healthy material
- Generates compressive residual stress (works hardens) for crack growth resistance, improved life and improved corrosion resistance
- Generates anchor profiles ranging from 40μm – 80μm on weld seams, edges, around bolts and on surface irregularities
- Cleans and profiles with long lasting, safe Bristle Blaster® Belts – eliminating the need for costly abrasive blast equipment.
- Restores corroded and pitted surfaces to near-white metal or white metal appearance – no grinding or polishing
- ATEX-approved, incl Dust control
|Voltage / Frequency version|
|Height (incl. handle)||160 mm|
|Belt diameter (outer)||110 mm|
|Required flow pressure||6.2 bar|
|Average air consumption||17.5 cfm | 0.5 m³/min|
|Idle speed (±5%)||3,500 rpm|
|Threaded air inlet||Rp 1/4“|
|Required hose diameter (interior)||9.5 mm | 3/8“|
|Sound pressure level||83 dB(A)|