Dry Film Coating Thickness - Standards
Dry Film Coating Thickness – Standards include foils and thickness standards as well as zero plates.
The Elcometer 990 coating thickness gauge calibration foils are ideal for use in the laboratory, on the production line or on site.
Calibration foils or shims are the most convenient way of creating a coating thickness standard on the substrate material, surface finish or form. Shims provide the ideal method for adjusting the calibration of the coating thickness gauge to ensure the greatest possible accuracy.
- Metric and Imperial values displayed on each calibration foil
- Available individually or in shim sets
- Precision foils with ±1% accuracy
- Each shim has a unique serial number for traceability
- Shims are available in thicknesses from 12.5μm to 20mm (0.5 to 790mils)
Formal quality systems such as those described in ISO 9000 and Guide 25 require that gauges be properly controlled, logged and in calibration. Increasingly, users are specifying that the readings taken by gauges are traceable to National Standards. There are three types of coating thickness standards available from Elcometer: coated standards, foils and zero test plates.
The Elcometer 995 Coated Thickness Standards are hard wearing, durable and are mounted in a protective folder.
The calibration standards provide the user with an ideal method to accurately measure the performance of the coating thickness gauge.
- ±2% accuracy, supplied with Calibration Certificate as standard
- Available with either Ferrous (F) or Non-Ferrous (N) substrates
- Each calibration standard is individually serial numbered for traceability
- Can be re-certified by Elcometer to meet ISO requirements
- Calibration standards available in a range of thicknesses
- Special thicknesses can be supplied to meet specific needs
- Coated with a hard wearing film for extended life span