|The Elcometer 311 Automotive Paint Meter is the fastest automotive paint gauge on the market today, used to instantly measure paint thickness and provide an indication of the overall condition of paint work.
With instant material recognition, the Elcometer 311 FNF Paint Meter switches between steel and aluminium panels and is ideal for use in all weather conditions.
The Elcometer 311 Automotive Paint Meter allows the user to quickly identify vehicle’s damage not reported in public or commercial condition reports including:
Compatible with ElcoMaster® software and ElcoMaster® Mobile App, individual paint thickness readings can be transferred via USB or Bluetooth® to PC or a mobile device for analysis and instant report generation.
Key features and benefits of the Elcometer 311 paint gauge include:
- Fast reading rate of 60+ readings per minute significantly reduces inspection times.
- Switches instantly to measure coatings on steel & aluminium1
- Ergonomic design gives you maximum comfort when measuring vehicles all day.
- Automatic temperature compensation accurately measures in desert or alpine conditions alike.
- Wirelessly connect the Elcometer 311 via Bluetooth® to your own inspection app or ElcoMaster® for seamless reporting2
- Automatic rotating display allows you to read the thickness value on horizontal & vertical surfaces.
- Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the screen brightness to your lighting condition.
- Dust & waterproof rugged design equivalent to IP64, ideal for measuring in wet or dry conditions.
- Large easy to read values in mils & microns.
- Scratch, solvent & water surfaces resistant colour display for protection against accidental damage.
“The Elcometer 311 doesn’t just take a thickness measurement”
In addition to the paint thickness, the Elcometer 311 Paint Meter displays the key statistical values used to assess the overall condition of the paint work; number of readings (n), average coating thickness (x), the lowest paint thickness (Lo) and the Elcometer Index Value (EIV).
Elcometer Index Value – EIV3
“The higher the EIV the more severe the PPW”
The Elcometer Index Value (EIV) provides the inspector with a single number which illustrates the vehicle’s overall paint condition and establishes any previous paint work (PPW) which has been undertaken. This quantifiable number determines the extent of rework & the overall quality of the vehicle being appraised.
“Seamlessly connect to any PC, Android™ or iOS mobile device”
As each measurement is taken, the Elcometer 311 Automotive Paint Meter can transmit the thickness value via Bluetooth® either straight into your inspection application or into ElcoMaster®, Elcometer’s mobile app, for instant report generation.
2 Year Warranty**
“Each gauge is designed to last”
Robust, durable & weather resistant, the Elcometer 311 is available with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty; giving you a peace of mind.
Elcometer 311 Automotive Paint Meter – Specifications
|Model B||Model B||Model T|
|Calibration Test Certificate||●||●||●|
|Built in probe type||Steel||Steel & Aluminium||Steel & Aluminum|
|Fast accurate reading rate; 60+ readings per minute||■||■||■|
|On screen statistics||■|
|Number of readings, n;|
|Average (mean), x;|
|Lowest reading, Lo|
|Elcometer Index Value (EIV)|
|Wireless Data output via Bluetooth® or USB||■|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to 50°C||-10 to 50°C||-10 to 50°C|
|Relative Humidity (RH)||0 to 95%||0 to 95%||0 to 95%|
|2 x AA Batteries or via USB|
|(rechargeable batteries can also be used)|
|Gauge Dimensions||14.1 x 7.30 x 3.70cm|
|Gauge Weight (including batteries)||156g|
Elcometer 311 Automotive Paint Meter – Data Sheet
Elcometer 311 Automotive Paint Meter – Accessories
|T99916925||Calibration Check Piece; Steel (Ferrous)|
|T99916901||Calibration Check Piece; Aluminum (Non-Ferrous)|
|T99022570-7A||Calibration Check Foil; Nominal value 125μm|
|T99922341||Self-Adhesive Screen Protectors (Pack of 10)|
|Elcometer 311 gauge, 2 x AA batteries, Steel & Aluminium check pieces*, calibration check foil, wrist strap, impact resistant carry case, calibration test certificate,|
|operating instructions, 2 year warranty extension card.|
|* F models: Steel Check Piece FNF models: Steel & Aluminium Check Pieces|